Thursday, December 28, 2006

For the last time, it's not 'fren'. As in:

"m blessed to have a fren like Peesaravanmuthudoubledeckerbus!"
"bas tu hi to meri sacchi fren hai!"

It gets worse! They have somehow formulated modifiers around the contorted excuse for a word. Like:

"just hanging out with frens."
"I'm a simpal gal who cherishes frenship."

It's FRIEND, for crying out loud! If you think I'm overreacting, let me leave you with a gruesome thought. What if this popular TV series was produced in India???



Now you're finally scared, aren't you?

3 comments:

vinaya said...

I dont know why, but that (the one which must not be used) offends more than the million other contortions they have come up with. And if thats the way it has to be spelled, i'd rather remain thatless!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of how you could relate to something..and a couple of seconds later I read your blog..this post! Too much ya. Its happening too aaften no? Meens no hope ya.

Arjun Karande said...

@vinaya: Haha, seriously. I totally agree. Maybe we should put up posters all over the place and educate those idiots.

@noodle head: Yes, no hope only! [kisses on the head, and slurps a noodle while you're not looking]